Pupil Premium Grant
Pupil Premium funding was introduced by the government in 2011-2012. Extra funding was made available to close the gap in attainment experienced historically by pupils from potentially disadvantaged backgrounds. In 2011-2012, funding was given for each pupil:
- Eligible for free school meals (from 2012-2013, this was expanded to include any pupils eligible for free school meals at any time in the last six years.);
- In care continuously for six months or more;
- With a parent serving in the armed forces.
At Holy Family, our priority is to ensure that all pupils, from all backgrounds, have an equal chance of success. Our Pupil Premium funding is used to help target pupils with additional intervention and support in order to:
- Improve their levels of attainment and progress;
- Close achievement and attainment gaps in relation to school averages;
- Have full access to our curriculum;
- Access our extra-curricular provision.
For further information on the allocation and use of Pupil Premium funding at Holy Family, please see the documents below: