Homework will continue to be set as follows
|Friday||CGP Comprehension, Grammar and Maths Books|
- In addition to homework set during the week, children are expected to read for at least 15 minutes each night. They are to record this each night in their reading diaries (mini yellow books). The children will also have spellings to learn each week.
- Homework should take no longer that 1 hour to complete. Children will have one night to complete homework set and it is to be handed in the next day.
- For English homework, we use CPG Targeted Questions Comprehension Books. Children work with their teachers in class before the homework is sent out, in order to discuss any unfamiliar vocabulary. In addition to this, children are sent spellings to learn weekly for a test each Thursday. We very much encourage children to read nightly, with the expectation that they will have at least five signatures or comments in their reading diaries every week.
- Homework is to consolidate learning in class and to further knowledge, skills and understanding. It also provides opportunities to encourage pupils to undertake independent research to deepen their learning around a topic.
- We look forward to working in partnership with you. Please let us know if your child is struggling with any aspect of their work, or if you believe the work is not sufficiently challenging enough.