E-Learning at Holy Family Catholic School
Holy Family places a very high level of importance on E-Learning and teaching. The head teacher, teachers, governors, teaching assistants and pupils promote a ‘whole school’ philosophy. We have extensive and heavily used E-Learning resources, which are regularly upgraded to ensure we have the latest technology available for children and staff.
We are in the very fortunate position of have a dedicated E-Learning Suite with 37 computers to enable ‘whole class’ teaching and learning. It is important that all pupils and staff gain the appropriate E-Learning skills, knowledge and understanding in order to use technology to its fill potential. E-Learning is an ever-evolving subject and Holy Family School endeavours to keep ahead of the game by introducing new hardware and software as well as working with commercial partners.
The aim of our work is:
To provide pupils with the skills necessary to develop their understanding of the potential of E-Learning and have confidence and enjoyment in its use
- To develop pupils’ knowledge and understanding in the use of computers and other technologies, not only in the classroom but in everyday life
- To provide opportunities to gain knowledge and understanding about E-Learning tools. These include the internet and social media forums, on-line VLEs, Office products, databases, control and sensing devices, digital imagery and programming
- To encourage pupils to become resourceful discerning learners and independent users of E-Learning by facilitating their access to unlimited resources and information
- To develop ‘whole school’ approach to E-Learning ensuring continuity and progression
- To recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of both staff and pupils
Computing Timetable 2015-16
|9.00 – 10.00||10.00 – 10.55||11.20 – 12.20||1.20 – 3.30|
|MONDAY||Year 3||Year 5||Nursery||Year 4|
|TUESDAY||Year 6||Year 6||Year 1||Reception x 2|
|WEDNESDAY||Year 3||Year 5||Year 1|
|THURSDAY||Nursery||Year 2||Year 2|